All right, I’ve been waiting forever for this one. As you all know by now I don’t listen to Kanye albums until I’m able to purchase it, but that’s not what this post is about. Kanye is an evolving artist, he never gives you the same thing. He’s unpredictable, he’s a genius. The production of this album is berserk. I think people often forget that Kanye was a producer before anything else. I rank him amongst the best producers/rappers who are in the game right now. He had some help from Daft Punk, Rick Rubin and RZA with producing this album, whom contributed to the unforgettable sounds. Kanye isn’t just a “rapper” he’s much more than that. He’s bold and beautiful. Not a lot of rappers, who are already mainstream and really big in the industry, will say fuck the radio, I’m going to create what the hell I want to. When this album came out there wasn’t a radio single. “New Slaves” was the “leading single,” but some dicks will have to be sucked to get it played on air and Kanye isn’t going to suck anyone’s dick or kiss anyone’s ass. It seemed like Def Jam held him down with marketing, but I wondered if they pressured him at all, but even if they did he probably stood on the table and screamed “fuck it, c’est la vie.” Now, let’s get to some of my favorite lines.
1. Yeezy season approaching, fuck whatever y’all been hearing.
2. Real niggas in the house again, black Timbs all on your couch again, black dick all in your spouse again. And I know she like chocolate men, she got more niggas off than Cochran.
3. Stop all that coon shit, these niggas ain’t doing shit, them niggas ain’t doing shit. Come on homie what happened? You niggas ain’t breathing you gasping, these niggas ain’t ready for action.
4. Soon as they like you make ‘em unlike you, cuz kissing people ass is so unlike you.
5. You see it’s broke nigga racism-that’s that “don’t touch anything in the store.” And there’s rich nigga racism-that’s that “come in, please buy more. What you want, a Bentley? Fur coat? A diamond chain? All you Blacks want all the same things.”
6. You see there’s leaders and there’s followers, but I’d rather be a dick than a swallower.
7. I know that we the new slaves, I see the blood on the leaves.
8. See they’ll confuse us with some bullshit like the New World Order. Meanwhile the DEA teamed up with the CCA. They trynna lock niggas up, they trynna make new slaves. See that’s that private owned prisons, get your piece today. They prolly all in the Hamptons bragging bout what they made. Fuck you and your Hampton’s house, I’ll fuck your Hampton’s spouse.
9. Late night organ donor, after that he disown ya. After that he’s just hopeless. Soul mates become soulless. When he’s sober it’s over. And bitch, I’m back out my coma.
10. Fuck them other niggas cuz I’m down for my niggas, I ride with my niggas, I’ll die for my….(I was completely here for C-Murder inspired lines)
11. Two thousand dollar bag with no cash in your purse. Now you sitting courtside, wifey on the other side, gotta keep ‘em separated, I call that apartheid.
12. Your feeling like Zulu, then nothing is a Shaka.
13. If you love me so much, then why’d you let me go? (Who doesn’t love Cudi?)
14. Last night my bitches came in twos and they both suck like they came to lose.
15. On my bodyguard’s back like Prince in the club. She say, “can you get my friends in the club?” I say, “can you get my Benz in the club?” If not, treat your friends like my benz, park they ass outside ‘til the evening end.
16. All them other niggas lame and you know it now. When a real nigga hold you down, you supposed to drown.
17. She say she only here for her girl’s birthday. They ordered champagne but still look thirsty. Rock Forever 21 but just turned thirty.
18. Close your eyes and let the world paint a thousand pictures. One good girl is worth a thousand bitches.
19. Hey, do you remember where we first met? Okay, I don’t remember where we first met. But hey, admitting is the first step. And hey, you know ain’t nobody perfect. And I know, with the hoes I got the worst rep.
20. Maybe we can make it to Christmas. She asked me what I wished for on my wish list. Have you ever asked your bitch for other bitches?
21. Jerome in the house, watch your mouth. (Classic)